A Sports Agent (or football players’ agent or FIFA agent) is the person who negotiates, on behalf of athletes, the contracts with sports clubs. He may also receive mandates from sports clubs in order to protect his interests or in order to achieve a specific market goal.
Who is a Sports Agent?
He is a freelance professional who negotiates the interests of the football players, of the sports trainers and/or of the sports clubs during market transactions.
What does he do?
For football players:
• manages negotiations, athletes’ contracts and often all the patrimonial and financial aspects;
• takes care of their public relations and of their image rights;
• suggests his assisted to Sports Directors;
For young football players:
• follows amateurs aiming at becoming professionals;
• recommends his assisted to the various youth sector formations;
• works with parents in order to manage the needs and the potential of their children at his best.
For Sports Clubs:
• offers consultancies during negotiations with other football clubs or when purchasing new football players;
• looks for trainers and athletic trainers.
Why does he do it?
• to protect the interests of football players;
• to protect the interests of sports clubs;
• to integrate young football players among professionals.